Antibacterial for systemic use. Doxycycline is an antibiotic of the tetracycline family.
Limited to the following infections:
- Brucellosis, pasteurellosis, rickettsioses, coxiella burnetii (Q fever), gonorrhea, cholera.
- Chlamydial pulmonary, genito-urinary and ophthalmic infections.
- Pulmonaryinfections, genito-urinary mycoplasma.
- ORL and bronchopulmonary infections with Haemophilus influenzae, in particular acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis :
- Pulmonary infections, genitourinary mycoplasma.
- Treponemes(in syphilis, tetracyclines are indicated only in case of allergy to betalactams).acerbations of chronic bronchitis.
- Spirochetes (Lyme disease, leptospirosis).
- Medium and severeinflammatory acne, and inflammatory component of mixed acne.
- Rosaceain its cutaneous or ocular manifestations. Particular situations :
- Post-exposure prophylactic and curative treatment of anthrax.